WordPress 5.5 have major changes and not all plugins updated with full compatibility for new WordPress version yet. We already updated ALL our WordPress themes with WordPress 5.5 support.
If you already updated theme, but still see same issues as before:
(if you don't updated theme - skip this list and read below)
- You need to clear all caches (How to clear cache?). If this does not help visit your site in private/incognito mode in browser to confirm this is not a cache issues.
- Go to Plugins, disable and remove Theme Addons plugin. Then go to Appearance > Install plugins and install/activate Theme Addons plugin.
- Go to Plugins, disable and remove Kirki Toolkit plugin (if you have it in your theme). Then go to Appearance > Install plugins and install/activate Kirki Toolkit plugin.
- Go to Plugins and update all other plugins that have updates available.
- Go to Appearance > Plugins and update all theme plugins that have updates available.
Possible issues that you may face after updating WordPress to 5.5 if you don't updated theme and all plugins:
- Theme activation no longer work (button do nothing)
- Theme demo data import does not work (button do nothing)
- Various buttons in various places stop working
- Theme customizer is broken
- Media library show empty page
- Page Builders (WPBakery Page Builder, SiteOrigin builder, Elementor, etc) does not work
- Different plugins does not work (especially old plugins)
To resolve this issues - UPDATE your theme to latest version
You need to update your theme and all plugins to latest versions (How to update?) and clear cache after this (How to clear cache?). If you updated theme but still see issues - you missed some files or you still have cache (check site with browser in private/incognito mode and/or reupload all entire theme folder with replace by FTP/File manager).
All our themes already updated with full WordPress 5.5 support (make sure you use at least this themes version):
- InHype 1.2.1
- Saxon 1.8
- Florian 1.4
- Bjorn 1.4
- Himmelen 2.1
- Piemont 2.1
- Cryptibit 1.2
- Enside 1.4
- TheBuilt 2.2
- Barrel 1.8
- Hind 2.1
- Davenport 1.3
- Camille 2.1
- Carrie 2.1
- Aerin 1.1
- Antonette 1.2
- Milana 1.1
- Mariann 1.1
- Armonioso 1.4
- Kimberly 1.1
- Introfolk 1.1
If after theme update you still see some issues this means some third party plugins that you use still does not updated with WordPress 5.5 support. What to do?
You need to wait until all plugins will be updated and before this you need to install this special plugin:
- Install Official "Enable JQuery Migrate Helper" plugin from WordPress.org >
- You need to clear all caches after this plugin installation (How to clear cache?)