All our WordPress themes optimized for maximum possible Google Page speed results and deliver around 95/100 Google Page Speed score on desktop, when your server and website content optimized correctly. If you see low score with our theme, and better score with another theme - this usually means that you don't optimized images for new theme after you switched from old theme (every theme create its own images files for all photos that you uploaded after theme installation with another images sizes and dimensions).
Please note that mobile score will be always much lower then desktop, because WordPress platform loads a lot of js, css and media files in different locations (only plain simple HTML pages will give good mobile test results). Mobile score 40+/100 considered as very good results for test.
Google Page Speed related to multiple factors - your hosting performance, server configuration, your site images and content optimization, your plugins configuration and plugins code quality, correct cache and minify configuration, server connection latency and more. You can find a lot of how-to guides how to optimize WordPress in Google.
The most important things to consider:
- Run images resize process after you installed new theme from Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails.
- Images uploaded to custom places manually (for example images in HTML blocks or widgets) must be resized by you on PC, before upload to WordPress to correct block width that you use.
- You need to have high quality hosting or dedicated server - check our hosting recommendation. You can't get good results and fast website on low cost shared hosting when 1000 customers share the same server for their websites.
- Use plugins that you really need (usually you should have 5-10 plugins on your website, not more - every plugin slow down your website and reduce page speed score, especially badly coded low quality free plugins).
- Install W3TotalCache plugin and configure it correctly (incorrect plugin configuration can reduce your score). Refer to plugin documentation and plugin support for help.
- Configure your hosting correctly (some hosting have built in page speed optimization features in CPanel). Ask hosting support for more information.
We recommend you to check our special service - WordPress All in one optimization service, where we can optimize everything for you. As our themes customer you can get 20% discount for this service, please provide this promocode in service chat on Envato Studio before ordering service to get discount: MGTSPSEO